Neon Prayers!



Is your prayer life dragging? No zip, no zest? Perhaps you promised to pray for so and so...and you just now  remembered...a week or so later? Or maybe you forgot to ask for wisdom about an important decision, made a hasty choice and now you are left with big regrets?

Need some help?

Prayer is my passion, but even I find myself in a rut sometimes. How can I keep track of the important issues and make sure I cover all the bases?

To perk up my prayer life and my memory, I decided to buy a pack of neon index cards. The colors scream "Look at me!", and the bright green, pink and orange cards transform what could be monotony into motivation.

Each card is a different topic: family, friends, health, prodigals, the nation and international issues. I put the date at the top and ask the Lord how to pray for each person and category.

For prayers that seem to be taking a very long time to be answered I drew a picture of a faucet with drops of water (representing my prayers) to remind me that every prayer matters, like the drops of a drip irrigation system watering a plant (for further info see my video
When You Feel Like Quitting ). That spurs me on to persevere.

Every six months or so I redo some of the cards to keep them current. No more guilt about forgetting to pray, and the best part is putting a check mark and the date next to answered prayers! It builds my faith and encourages me to press on for the rest.


"The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working] (James 5:16 AMPC).


What about you? Do you have any creative ways to ignite your prayer life?  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jane Glenchur,

    I saw you sometimes talking with Sid Roth. The past Sunday afternoon I have pain in my head and I have not so good feelings. This week, Tuesday was an pulmonary attack in my body, about 5 - 6 times, but it's happened continuosly too when I walked on street : I felt, that I CAN'T to breathe, I haven't enough oxygen. I ask the Lord Jesus : please help me to get home. Before that I have NEVER similar feeling. I haven"t never bronchitis, asthma. Wednesday I haven't similar bad feelings, but Thursday again it happened 2 times : 1.) I walked slowly on the street and I felt I can't to breathe, I haven't oxygen ; 2.) I lifted up a pack about 8 Kg only, and it's happened again, but it was badly, - as if I were dying - and very hard I get at home with my car. Yesterday - Friday - and today - Saturday - I was at home, I haven't similar attack, Friday evening I feelt badly a little bit only. I think, that this is from COVID-19, and because it, my blood oxygen level was low, - the healthy value is 97-98-99 % - therefore I felt that I can't breathe, because my lungs didn't received enough oxygen from my blood cells.

    PLEASE pray for me, - I am new born christian since 01 March 1992 - for my healing, for my lungs function and my blood oxygen level to be up on normal value. I live alone in Hungary, Pest County, Tura city, Street Nyárfa 4, in a rented house, if it possible, I don't want to go in any Hospital. 1 Corinthians 3 : 17

    My phone number is : 003620597857.

    God and the Lord Jesus bless you !

    With love in Christ,

    Mihály (Michael) Dobricza

    ReplyDelete